Monday, October 13, 2014

The October that I will remember forever :)

Oh..we are almost half way through October and I have not posted anything on this blog. I had decided (again..one of those resolutions) that this year I will write on my blog at least once every month. It has not been difficult so far : )

Well, I am in Europe. 

Yea, that sentence needed a separate paragraph. Haha. I am in Rome, to be precise. And I have already covered 6 cities and 3 countries in last 10 days. I am on my last leg of the trip. One more destination, three more days and then back to India. Thoughts of going back to REAL life are already messing up my euphoria of travelling.

But what a trip it has been so far! I had created a separate blog to capture my experience but unfortunately I have not been able to post much there. Walking around, seeing so many things, tons of thoughts floating in my mind. . .I really need time to gather everything together so that I make sense when I write :P Right now everything is a mishmash in my head. 

I have an early morning flight tomorrow. And my room is a wreck. I have to pack. Also I have to figure out maps and stuff for tomorrow's destination, and plan the day. 

This Euro trip was an experiment. . .with no set objectives. But plenty of inferences. And observations. Brace yourself for a LOT of posts in coming weeks :D

Ta! Hope everything is good on your side.

Leaving you guys with a picture of my favourite city in Europe :)



S

21 comments:

  1. Two things must do in Europe:
    1. Fall in love with a stranger.
    2. Send me a postcard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. you are going to 'remind' me of the postcard till I send you, na? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. send a postcard to this fellow blogger who loves snail mail. Greetings will come from Americas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) Some other good things have happened too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, recently got a scholarship worth 20000$ for my studies from my home state government. That was such a relief for me. I had lot of fights with myself before going.

      Delete
    2. Wow brainy whizkid, that's super! Hope US is treating you well.

      Delete
    3. Lolz. I try to learn :) It's super. Finally I can think of getting the slick macbook. America is great. Although missing annual diwali time with the joint family :(

      Delete
  5. Europe! No wonder you sound like you are in such good spirits. That place does that to you. Can't wait to read more posts..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D It was so beautiful....and so much fun!

      Delete
  6. Hope you had good fun ! great you travelled alone..... nothing like it right ? post the details of the goddamn trip... we are all waiting with bated breath ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Solo travel...for the win! I loved every bit of it.

      Details details....hop on to my travel blog for that :P
      www.stories-on-the-map.blogspot.com

      Delete
  7. You took your time out for updating your blog at such time? :) Hmmm I can understand the Euphoria :D
    Well now, I'm all excited to read about all the good things you are going to write here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to write more, but really never had the time or the energy by the end of the day. I did write in a little notebook from time to time - going back to it now inspires me to post on the blog :)

      My travel blog will have all the details :) If you are interested, you could check out www.stories-on-the-map.blogspot.com

      Delete
  8. Hey S!

    I was planning a solo trip to Italy and suddenly remembered this post on your blog.. :)

    Any tips? Which cities to visit, etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Preeti!

      Wow! Solo trip! I will be happy to dole out tips hehe :) About cities to visit, you must tell me what kind of things you like doing and how many days you have for this vacation. Then I can tell you all the things you MUST not miss!

      For starters, go read my travel blog. Abhi jao! :P Or you could email me at storiesonthemap@gmail.com and we could discuss this. Happy to help.

      Delete

I love hand-written notes :)