Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Chashmebadddooor

Did you ever have a wish list, the things you will do or things you will buy once you start earning? I had a list like that. And today, after five years of earning money, I finally bought the item that used to be on top of that wish list but never on top of priority list.

Contact lenses.

My first memory of contact lenses is from the movie Baazigar :D where Shah Rukh Khan changes identity by changing the color of his eyes. It didn’t make much sense to me – he still looked the same only.

Now I am free from scratch and smudge prone spectacles. I got my glasses when I was ten years old. I was very proud when I got them. It was a valuable asset. I remember taking very good care of it in the beginning. But that didn’t last for too long. I kept breaking my glasses every other year. I have stuck to my current style of chashmas since 2008. Actually my hairstyle (bob with fringes) and my specs (black rims, long before the nerdy look was in vogue) have stayed almost the same since then. I look quite different without my glasses; I look very oriental thanks to my tiny eyes and tiny nose. It will take some time for me to get used to this. For now I am just happy about not worrying about fogging up or smudging the glasses.

Arey but wearing these lenses is quite a pain, huh. I was struggling. It is not easy to stick your finger into your eyeballs without blinking or touching your eyelashes.

Next thing I am excited to buy is shades. I always envied people acting cool with aviators and wayfarers. Now my time has come. Main bhee cool banungi :D 

9 comments:

  1. Hahaa! Awesome! :)
    Sherlock is brand manager for a sunglasses brand. So before every trip, he gets home "samples" and we pick what we want to take for that trip! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah perks of having a cool husband with a cool job, eh? :D

      Delete
    2. @Preeks Serious jealousy happening here. Hmph.

      Delete
    3. We should make Preeks get us discounts! Yes yes!

      Delete
  2. I love glasses and sunglasses. My eyes however are perfect and don't need glasses. I am thinking of getting a pair for the heck of it.
    And sunglasses, I finally have around 4 pairs to choose from and I am proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 pairs! Nice! Going with our music theme, I am reminded of -

      Gore gore mukhde pe kala kala chashma.... :D :D

      I am a queen of 90's dhinchak songs!

      Delete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU8HiNPiGZc

    Because you wanted to know the song! Would love to know yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful track. Thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete
  4. I have seen my sister wearing these contact lenses. I am never buying them s I know I cant ever wear them...also, i think I have never seen you without your 2008 vintage...

    ReplyDelete

I love hand-written notes :)